The Creston Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer without regard to age (except for students), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, race, national origin, color, religion, and creed.
All employment decisions will be made in accordance with these principles. All employment related programs will be administered in a manner consistent with these principles. No employee or applicant shall suffer any form of discrimination because of age (except for students), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, race, national origin, color, religion, and creed.
To ensure awareness by all levels of the administration, all employees, all students, educational agencies, vendors with which the District works and the community, the District will disseminate information as detailed below.
A. Dissemination of Policy
- Employees will be reminded annually of the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (“EEO Policy”) by:
- Description of the EEO Policy by publication or reference in all issuances.
- Where applicable, detailed discussions of the EEO Policy at administrative conferences and staff meetings.
- Posting of the EEO Policy on the District’s website.
- Employment advertisements will contain assurance of equal employment opportunity.
- Employment sources and recruiting sources where jobs are posted and/or listed by the District will be reminded of the District’s EEO Policy, both verbally and in writing.
- Notices informing employees and applicants of their rights under federal and state civil rights laws will be posted on bulletin boards and in locations where applicants are interviewed.
B. Responsibility for Implementing the Affirmative Action Plan and Program
- The District is responsible for implementing the Affirmative Action Plan and Program and will render full assistance and support for those seeking help and assistance in taking affirmative action.
- Additional emphasis will be given to seeking and encouraging diverse applicants in major job categories where women, men, minorities and persons with disabilities are underrepresented.
- All training and in-service programs supported or sponsored by the District will continue to be equally open to all employees on the basis of qualifications.
E. Hiring, Placement, Transfer, Lay-Off and Recall
- The District recognizes that to accomplish the long-range objectives of its Equal Employment Opportunity policy, continued affirmative action must be taken to ensure that job opportunities of all kinds are called to the specific attention of members of minority groups, women and the disabled, and that qualified members of such groups should be offered positions on the same basis as all other applicants or employees. To assure achievement of the objectives, the District will periodically review its practices of hiring job applicants.
- All employees will receive compensation in accordance with the same standards. Opportunities for performing overtime work or otherwise earning increased compensation will be afforded to all qualified employees without discrimination based on age (except for students), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, race, national origin, color, religion, and creed.
3-28-16 updated/approved 2-19-18